Monday, November 12, 2012

Rhodes, Greece

Rhodes is an island of Greece. The capital city is Rhodes. I've been there in June 2012. When I have been in Rhodes, I rented a car and I drove about 350 km around the island. Our hotel was in Faliraki, which is near from the capital city of island. I have rented Kia Picanto for 3 days and paid 85 euro without gasoline. Rhodes Map.

There are a few castles like Monolithos, Kastelos, Kamiros and Lindos. The last one is not interesting for me, because it was being rebuilt. And you have to pay for entrance 6 euro. But the white houses of the city, which are located at the foot of the castle, make a very beautiful panorama.

   
Lindos

   
Monolitos and Kastelos

Also I went to the Valley of Butterflies. Paid entrance is 5 euro and there is a lot of steep ascents. But you get enjoyment from a beautiful nature. The island has many beautiful bays and mountains.


   
Anthony Quinn Bay and The Valley of Butterflies

No comments:

Post a Comment